Boots off Saturday/Sunday is going to be a weekly post that I will be uploading. I want to show you my top 5 things that I have discovered in my garden or have enjoyed this week!
1. This is the first passionfruit ever picked from my vine and there are another 3 passionfruits forming on the plant at the moment.
2. These little guys, Oxalis tuberosa (common name: Oca or New Zealand Yam), were gifted to me by a colleague from my work. I am excited to plant these out into my veggie garden, I will have a ‘how to’ planting blog post coming up soon!
3. This pink flowering Echium, Echium candicans (Heronswood pink), was planted back in Autumn of this year and it is just starting to bloom for the first time! I love the way this variety grows. I have already started to do some cuttings so I can hopefully plant out more of these in late september.
4. Almost a fortnight ago I started to propagate a few of my succulents and cacti, and they are slowly starting to put out a few small white roots. It won’t be to much longer until they are ready to be potted up into individual pots.
5. Lucky last is this Muscari (Grape Hyacinth) bulb that has finally flowered! There are a few buds starting to emerge. It has taken a good 12 months for this Muscari to perform. I planted this little guy in spring last year.
By Bonnie-Marie Hibbs