Here are my top 5 highlights from the past week in the garden!
1. I potted up all of my Grevillea robusta seedlings into individual pots. Hopefully with the warmer weather they will start putting on some new growth, and I hope to plant them out in the garden by late November.
2. All my rose bushes have put on beautiful new spring growth and are covered in buds! However, the first rose of the season has already started to bloom, and it is a big one!
3. The flower buds on my Dwarf Chin cactus, Gymnocalycium damsii, have finally opened! This is the first time I have ever seen the flowers, so I was quite excited when I stumbled across this in my glasshouse.
4. Last year, this Wisteria was looking very unhappy, and so it was re-staked and was given a heavy prune. As a result, it is flowering beautifully this year! I am so happy that it is flourishing and performing as well as it is.
5. All my fruit trees have finished flowering and are starting to form fruit! I have cherries, apricots, apples, pears, nectarines and plums that are already starting to grow on the trees.
By Bonnie-Marie Hibbs