Here are the top 5 highlights from the past week in my garden and out on the road!
Christmas is only a few days away and it has been a very busy few weeks. I have found it hard to get out into the garden and get a few jobs done, but I managed to get some time out there this weekend.
1. I have shared photos of this beach before here on my blog. It is one of my favourite places to visit throughout the year because each season you get to see something different.
2. As we progress further into summer the Hibiscus shrubs in my garden are starting to bloom. Over the weekend this flower bud was the first to open.
3. My waterlily was fed back in September and after all this warm weather the flowers have started to emerge from the water. I managed to count another 10 flower buds that are sitting under the water surface, and within the next few days they should all pop up.
4. Two years ago we planted the Nelly Kelly grafted Black passionfruit in our vegetable garden. In those two years not a lot has been done to it besides the odd fertilize/feed. Earlier this year I got a few fruit off the vine but not much. Today I was out in the garden and happened to stop and have a good look at the vine and I was surprised to see how much fruit was starting to form. So I decided to do a fruit count and I managed to count 148 fruit forming on the vine! Over the next few weeks I will have to start coming up with a few new passionfruit recipes.
5. My Stapelia grandiflora has been flourishing this year! It has started to form more flower buds over the past few weeks. I am looking forward to seeing the flowers again this season.
By Bonnie-Marie Hibbs